IBM and TechSkills are excited to announce this exclusive opportunity for one first year Tech Industry Gold degree student.
IBM is the official Information Technology Supplier and Consultant to the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) and is responsible for supplying specific IT services prior to, and during, The Wimbledon Championships. IBM has a core team that is responsible for the design, implementation and support of the technical infrastructure that covers the provision of scores and statistical graphics to the BBC, other broadcasters, media and players; provides and publishes information to the official Web and applications.
This placement starts two weeks prior to the Wimbledon Championships and finishes the day after.
Placement dates: Monday 19 June – 17 July 2023
The Wimbledon IBM team are looking for a smart, intelligent person who can use this opportunity to network and get their foot in the door for future work opportunities. It will be a fun experience, but will require hard work and long hours, working in a team of 250 people.
The successful candidate will be:
- over 18 years old
- studying in their first year of an undergraduate Tech Industry Gold degree course
- have the right to work in the UK and be able to provide evidence
- be a team player who uses their initiative and is prepared to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in with a variety of tasks, both tech and non-tech
- happy to work long hours, including weekends, to make the event a success
Hours will vary from typical business hours (9am – 5:30pm) initially, through to Championships’ hours of approximately 08:30 – 21:30, including the weekends of 24/25 June, 1/2 July, 8/9 July and 15/16 July.
- The daily rate will be £110.50 per day, payable by electronic transfer at the end of the contract
- For the first 10 days you will need to supply your own food
- After 10 days, a food allowance will be made available with the use of a swipe card
- You will need to find your own accommodation close to the club from 19-26 June within a 30 minute walk and pay for this if necessary
- Free accommodation will then be available from 26 June for the remainder of the placement. This will be a room in a local house 15 minutes’ walk from the tennis club
- There is no parking available at the accommodation or at the tennis club, so you will not be able to bring a car
How to apply:
To apply, fill out the online application form.
Deadline for applications is Fri 12th May at midnight.