Please join employers, universities and apprentices to celebrate the role of digital degree apprenticeships in building successful futures for companies and individuals.
Tuesday 9th February 11:00 – 13:00 (via Webex)
This event is run by Tech Partnership Degrees and techUK as part of National Apprenticeship Week 2021. It is open to any employer with an interest in digital degree apprenticeships, whether you are already delivering a programme or are looking to find out more.
Along with panels of employers, HEIs and degree apprentices, we are hosting the 2021 National Tech Industry Gold Degree Apprenticeship Awards and will be joined by Gillian Keegan, Minister of State for Apprenticeships and Skills, and Jennifer Coupland, CEO, Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education.
And if this makes you interested in starting programmes of your own, there will be a focus on how smaller companies in particular can use them, for the development of both new recruits and existing staff.
Please see below for an overview of the agenda. The full programme is available at www.techskills.org/celebration-programme
We look forward to seeing you. REGISTER HERE
EVENT AGENDA (updated 08/02/21)
|Welcome||Tom Lovell, MD, Tech Partnership Degrees|
|Employer Panel||• Jenny Taylor, UK Graduate, Apprenticeship and Student Programme Leader, IBM
• Kim Brant, Early Talent Partner, IT, AstraZeneca
• Ruth Jennings, Skills Development Programmes Manager, Sainsbury’s
• Andy Cripps, Managing Director, Quicksilva
Facilitator: Nick White, Head of Junior Talent, Fujitsu
|HEI Panel||• Liz Gorb, Director of Apprenticeships, Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU)
• Eran Padumadasa, Programme Director Degree Apprenticeships, Queen Mary University London (QMUL)
• Stella McKnight, Director of Employer Partnerships, University of Winchester
• Peter Bull, Associate Dean – Northumbria Degree Apprenticeships, QA
Facilitator: Brendan O’Rourke, Expert Vice President, Bain & Company
|Degree Apprentice Panel||• Ashley West, IBM and University of Exeter
• Cinderella Ezeanochie, Fujitsu and Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU)
• Paul Yaw Opong Frimpong, Goldman Sachs and Queen Mary University London (QMUL)
• Lexi Thomas, Vodafone and QA
Facilitator: Rafik Ishani, Director, Deloitte
|Keynote Speech||Jennifer Coupland, CEO, Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education|
|Tech Industry Gold Awards||Presented by Phil Smith CBE, Chair, Tech Partnership Degrees|
|Keynote Speech||Gillian Keegan, Minister of State for Apprenticeships and Skills|
|Close||Tom Lovell, MD, Tech Partnership Degrees|